Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog Resumed...

Well here we are again. I've decided with our recent move to Norway to try and resume the Familie van der Horst blog...

Today is Mark's first day of work. Since we only have one car and I didn't fall asleep until 3 am (jet lag) we decided Mark could take the car and me and the girls would stay home. At first I thought, awesome, vacation day. But then I realized we had a lot of laundry to do. It's not a lot for home, but it's a lot here when the washer is so small each load at home is at least two here. I better get used to doing laundry everyday or something. *sigh*. oh well, such is life. We also need to go to the store today as we haven't really done that yet and I have to cook dinner tonight. already this is a huge change for me since it hasn't been that long since I quit work. laundry, dinner, grocery shopping! Having Jacki around spoiled me big time. Another thing on the list is to get a cell phone. I feel so useless without one. It took us ages to get somewhere yesterday because we didn't have my handy dandy interactive map on my iPhone.

Well overall, we are all doing well, and day 2 looks to be pretty uneventful, which is ok cause we are all tired. For future reference, feel free to comment on posts (if they are interesting enough), and hopefully this will give all our friends and loved ones a one stop shop to see what we are up to over here.

Oh yeah, one thing we need to get used to are the prices. Mark did one quick shopping trip for bread, milk, lunch meat, juice, toilet paper, and maybe one or two other items. it was $100. oh man. That cost of living increase is going to get used 100%!

Lisa

1 comment:

Blairbear said...

Thanks for sharing the blog. I was able to read it to Lauren. She loved it. I would probably go insane if I had to laundry everyday! I do it every other day and it is 2 loads! I still can't believe the cost of living being so much over there! Wow!