Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Driving in Norway

So yesterday, day six, I almost got into my first car accident... With a huge truck. And again with a bus. Some rules here are different. Regarding the bus, if he is stopped and has picked up passengers and is ready to go, he puts on his blinker and he has the right of way. So I wasn't looking for that and almost got hit when he pulled out in front of me. Luckily I was far enough behind. The worse one involves a yield to the right rule. Unless there is a yellow diamond sign posted on the road, then I, going straight, must yield to any person at an intersection on my right. Whether its a 4 way or 3 way (T intersection) I have to yield to the guy on the right. But I have no stop sign or yield sign! And this applies in parking lots as well! You have to constantly be thinking about it. I was by the mall and wasn't thinking about it and almost got T-boned by a truck on my right. When I saw him going I realized I should be stopping. But thank God he realized I wasn't paying attention because he stopped and waved me on. I was so freaked out! I pay a bit better attention now though!

No comments: